A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Johnny Lingo

Are you in love with your husband? Still crazy about your hubby? My answer is absolutely! Yes! Yes! Yes! I often get the question, “Are you going to have any more children?” I really don’t know, but it is highly probable since I’m still in love with my husband.

John, if I had to do it again, I’d choose you.  Every year you get better and better. It reminds me of a quote, “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her.” -- Agatha Christie It goes both ways.  I’m more interested in you now than I was 21 years ago.

We’ve grown in love, and these last five years have been the happiest years of our marriage.  When we made the commitment to put each other first, our bickering stopped, and our eyes began to open. “I would say that the surest measure of a man's or a woman's maturity is the harmony, style, joy, and dignity he creates in his marriage, and the pleasure and inspiration he provides for his spouse.” -- Benjamin McLane Spock

It’s fun being on an eternal date with you.  We don’t have to spend a lot of money or travel the world to have fun together.  A happy life is made up of a lot of simple pleasures: sitting on the back porch swing holding your hand; watching the children play; feeling the refreshing cool night air roll in after a hot day; going for a 4-wheeler ride down the country road; hiking the mountain; holding hands as we walk through the garden; sitting in front of the fire on a cold winter night; reading the scriptures and sharing our latest discovery; coming up behind me to hug me as I work at the kitchen sink; all of these things and much, much more. “Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.” -- Hoosier Farmer

You’ve always had a cheerful way about you.  I love to hear your laugh, and you’ve helped me to laugh through the tears and fears over the years.  You laugh at everything whether it’s funny or not.  When we first met, I didn’t think it was normal for a person to laugh so much. Laughter is good medicine, and you’ve been good for my heart. “Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other -- it doesn't matter who it is -- and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other.” -- Mother Teresa

I give you my heart and know you can be trusted with those things I hold most sacred and dear.  You have my loyalty, love, and devotion.  There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for you because I know you always want what’s best for me.  “No, I don't understand my husband's theory of relativity, but I know my husband and I know he can be trusted.” -- Elsa Einstein

God has blessed me with you, and you are my best friend. In a world where there is so much loneliness, it’s encouraging to be with someone who really cares.  “The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends.” -- B. R. Ambedkar

I’m grateful to be on this eternal journey with you. “For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; else were your children unclean, but now are they holy.” D&C 74:1

It’s my desire that our marriage be made holy. It’s been almost 21 years since we went to the temple together, and we still look forward to the day when the Holy Spirit of Promise seals us for time and all eternity. If we want this relationship to endure forever we need to do more than make covenants in the temple. “And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that covenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.” D&C 132:18 

My whole life’s desire is to have this scripture fulfilled in our life. “And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever. Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.” D&C 132:19-20 

I love you sweetheart and hope you have a wonderful birthday. “When a wife has a good husband it is easily seen in her face.” -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Love,

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Hey you two,

    Haven't heard from you in a while. Enjoy your posts and share much in common with your thoughts. Hope the "strengthening the members committee" didn't get to you? :-)

    -Shawn-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard from you guys in a while. We miss your perspective. Coming back any time soon? Hope things are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't heard from the "strengthening the members committee":) We're busy with the children and garden. We also have some studying to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting