A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

The Record of Three - Who is the Holy Ghost? (Part 4 of 6)

Who is the Holy Ghost?

The Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

If the Holy Ghost is a “personage of Spirit” and it can “dwell in us,” and the Holy Spirit is “the mind of the Father and Son” then are they the same thing?

The scriptures have explained that the “Holy Ghost” which dwells in you – this personage of Spirit – has the following other descriptions, or attributes:

-the Comforter
-the record of heaven
-the truth of all things
-the peacable things of immortal glory
-that which quickeneth all things
-that which knoweth all things
-that which has all power according to wisdom, mercy, truth, justice and judgment.
(Moses 6: 61.)

This is a description of the personage of Spirit which dwells inside you. This is the Holy Ghost. This is something that can be in contact with the Holy Spirit, or the “mind of the Father and Son.” Denver Snuffer Blog August 10, 2012

Who is this personage of spirit that dwells in us? Is this our spirit made holy? In other words, is this our Holy Ghost? Do I need the Holy Ghost so that I can be in contact with the Holy Spirit?

If you stay connected to me, and my words live in you, you will ask according to my will, and you will be given the ability to accomplish my will. It will please and vindicate my Father if you produce abundant fruit, and that will prove you follow me. Just like the Father has loved me, I have in turn likewise loved you. Therefore, remain connected with me and my love will be with you. If you practice my teachings you will always remain connected with me; just as I have kept my Father’s teachings and have remain connected with him. Testimony of John page 24

With whom am I to remain connected? What are these words that live in me? Do His words reveal His will to me? By exercising faith in His words, am I enabled to do His will? How does it vindicate the Father if I produce abundant fruit? How will the production of abundant fruit prove I follow Jesus? What did Jesus's Father do for Him? What does Jesus do for me? Why must I remain connected to Jesus to have His love with me? What is the significance of having Jesus's love with me? Is love the source of His power? When I practice His teachings, am I learning to be like the one who has mastered His teachings? How does practicing His teachings keep me connected with Him?

One: Single by union; undivided; the same. Single in kind; the same. It also denotes union, a united body.

Connect: To knit or link together; to tie or fasten together, as by something intervening, or by weaving, winding or twining. Hence, To join or unite; to conjoin, in almost any manner, either by junction, by any intervening means, or by order and relation. To join, unite or cohere; to have a close relation.

Is being connected the same thing as being one? Why is it that many problems in our world are caused by a lack of connection? Is God the only one who can fill this empty hole in me? Is this why I must connect with Him?

The Holy Ghost is the “record of heaven” which lives inside you and that you have lost contact with because of the veil. It is a personage of spirit who resides inside you, and you must “receive” it after baptism by finally listening to that inner “truth of all things” or “record of the Father and the Son.” (Moses 6: 61, 66.) Denver Snuffer Blog August 28, 2010

What did we have contact with before we received a veil? Did we loose contact with our Holy Ghost when we were born and received a fleshy tabernacle? What is the veil?

By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; Hebrews 10:20

Is the record of the Father and the Son inside me because I have received the Holy Ghost? Is this what enables me to bear record of the Father and the Son?

The Holy Ghost bears record of the Son. When the Son speaks to you through the Holy Ghost you hear the words in the first-person. Hence the Holy Ghost speaking that it “is the Son” in Moses 5: 9. ibid

And in that day the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam, which beareth record of the Father and the Son, saying: I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and forever, that as thou hast fallen thou mayest be redeemed, and all mankind, even as many as will. Moses 5:9

What does this mean? Why would the Holy Ghost speak to me in first person if it wasn't about me? Why would the Holy Ghost say, “ I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning.” Does this mean I am the Only Begotten of the Father? Or is the Son introducing Himself as the Only Begotten of the Father? What does it mean to be begotten of the Father? Can there be more than one “Only Begotten of the Father”?

Joseph also said that the Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has. Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 245

Who is in a state of probation? What course is the Holy Ghost invited to follow?

And it came to pass that I said unto them that it was a representation of things both temporal and spiritual; for the day should come that they must be judged of their works, yea, even the works which were done by the temporal body in their days of probation. 1 Nephi 15:32 [emphasis added]

I have spoken these few words unto you all, my sons, in the last days of my probation; and I have chosen the good part, according to the words of the prophet. And I have none other object save it be the everlasting welfare of your souls. Amen. 2 Nephi 2:30 [emphasis added]

But wo unto him that has the law given, yea, that has all the commandments of God, like unto us, and that transgresseth them, and that wasteth the days of his probation, for awful is his state! 2 Nephi 9:27 [emphasis added]

I also have charity for the Gentiles. But behold, for none of these can I hope except they shall be reconciled unto Christ, and enter into the narrow gate, and walk in the strait path which leads to life, and continue in the path until the end of the day of probation. 2 Nephi 33:9 [emphasis added]

What does this say about me? What must I do in the days of my probation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting