A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Friday, April 5, 2019

I am Buddhist, Christian, Jew, and Mormon


Mahatma Gandhi was a Hindu who dedicated his life to the pursuit of truth. He believed that love, respect, and truth were the underpinnings of all religions and the basic foundation for a moral life. As he famously once said when asked if he was a Hindu, “Yes I am. I am also a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist, and a Jew.”

When I was little, my mom babysat a little boy named Hilliard. When asked what religion he was, Hilliard said, “I'm a Mormon Methodist!” :-)

I too see myself as a Buddhist, Christian, Jew, and Mormon. I do not know much about the Hindu and Muslim religions, but I think I would find much in common with them if I took the time to understand their beliefs. Gandhi was part of every group yet not affected by “group think” or group prejudice. The truth motivated him to love, respect, and serve others.

Love is the most motivating power in all the world. God has the greatest power because They (God includes both a man and a woman, Father and Mother) have the greatest capacity to love. Their dominion is an everlasting dominion that flows to Them without compulsory means. Why? Their intelligence and love is so compelling that it draws me to Them.

I have learned to recognize God's voice because They persuade me with Their reasons. They are gentle and meek. Their knowledge is so full of light that when they present their ideas, I want to change because I can see a better way. They are kind and patience as They suffer with my ignorance. Their love is real. When They correct me, I am still full of hope because I can see my next step.

I follow God because it brings me great joy to do so. It is my delight. I love to be enlightened and taught by Them. They are Truth, and I love the Truth. They bring light, understanding, peace, joy, and comfort to me.

I cannot say I know a lot about God because I find my paradigms are often changing as I am on this journey of life, but I do know what it feels like to be in the presence of the God of Love. I know what They sound like. I would do anything to live a life with Them and learn to be like Them.

And so like Gandhi, I am Buddhist, Christian, Jew, and Mormon because all of these people have taught truth that has enriched my life and brought me joy.

If someone has Truth that can increase this love I feel in my heart, I am interested.

1 comment:

Thank you for posting