A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Isaiah's Message of Peace in Troubling Times


For the first fifteen years of our marriage, we were concerned about food storage and physical preparation. We could see what was coming down the pipeline and wanted to be able take care of our family when the economy collapsed.

In 2007, we became very interested in the words of Isaiah. Avraham Gileadi's work really helped us understand what Isaiah was saying. Isaiah was my favorite choice of scriptures in those days. I read the words of Isaiah over and over. 

My heart was comforted, and I was at peace. Isaiah speaks of the sickness, famine, wars, natural disasters, and the tyrant that are headed our way. But amid all this, there is a message of hope. There is a group of people who will be gathered, and they will be protected by God.

When I saw this, I was motivated. I had a choice. I could experience total devastation, or I could come to the Lord for protection and peace. It was then that I told the Lord that I would do anything to be part of that group of people.

Isaiah's message is important. When Jesus comes to the Nephites, he talks about the words of Isaiah three separate times. Jesus tells us to search the words of Isaiah. He wants us to understand what is happening today. Jesus does not want us to be afraid. His arms are open, and we can come to Him and experience peace and joy in these troubling times. (see scripture references below)

It takes great effort and much prayer to understand what Isaiah is saying. But once Isaiah's message becomes clear to you, it could change your life. Nephi shared the words of Isaiah, so people would want believe in the Lord their Redeemer.

But that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer, I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.   1 Nephi 6:1 

We have just completed Book of MormonStories. It is a simplified, illustrated version of The Book of Mormon. If you find the words of Isaiah confusing, this simplified version of The Book of Mormon can help you understand Isaiah's message.

We are uploading one video chapter of Bookof Mormon Stories each day. There are 90 chapters in all. We just posted the first Isaiah chapter today. These Isaiah chapters are at the end of First Nephi. If we post one video each day, we will start posting the Second Nephi Isaiah chapters on Friday.

A Covenant of Peace - First Nephi 6 (1840 edition) - Isaiah 48-49




Scripture References noted above of Jesus talking to the Nephites about Isaiah:


Verily, verily I say unto you, thus has the Father commanded me, that I should give unto this people this land for their inheritance, and when the words of the prophet Isaiah shall be fulfilled, which say: Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice, with the voice together shall they sing, for they shall see eye to eye when the Lord shall bring again Zion. Break forth into joy, sing together ye waste places of Jerusalem, for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem. The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of God. 3 Nephi 7:7

And it came to pass that when they had all given glory unto Jesus, he said unto them, Behold, now I finish the commandment which the Father hath commanded me concerning this people who are a remnant of the house of Israel. Ye remember that I spake unto you and said that when the words of Isaiah should be fulfilled — behold, they are written, ye have them before you, therefore search them — and verily, verily I say unto you that when they shall be fulfilled, then is the fulfilling of the covenant which the Father hath made unto his people, O house of Israel. Then shall the remnants which shall be scattered abroad upon the face of the earth be gathered in from the east, and from the west, and from the south, and from the north; and they shall be brought to the knowledge of the Lord their God who hath redeemed them. And the Father hath commanded me that I should give unto you this land for your inheritance. And I say unto you that if the gentiles do not repent after the blessing which they shall receive after they have scattered my people, then shall ye who are a remnant of the house of Jacob go forth among them. And ye shall be in the midst of them who shall be many, and ye shall be among them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, and as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he goeth through, both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver. Thy hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off. And I will gather my people together as a man gathereth his sheaves into the floor, for I will make my people with whom the Father hath covenanted, yea, I will make thy horn iron and I will make thy hoofs brass, and thou shalt beat in pieces many people. And I will consecrate their gain unto the Lord and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth. And behold, I am he who doeth it. And it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that the sword of my justice shall hang over them at that day; and except they repent, it shall fall upon them, saith the Father, yea, even upon all the nations of the gentiles. 3 Nephi 9:7

 . . . For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colors and lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord, and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shalt thou be established; thou shalt be far from oppression, for thou shalt not fear, and from terror, for it shall not come near thee. Behold, they shall surely gather together against thee, not by me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work, and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

And now behold, I say unto you that ye had ought to search these things. Yea, a commandment I give unto you that ye search these things diligently, for great are the words of Isaiah. For surely he spake as touching all things concerning my people which are of the house of Israel. Therefore, it must needs be that he must speak also to the gentiles. And all things that he spake hath been and shall be, even according to the words which he spake. Therefore, give heed to my words. Write the things which I have told you, and, according to the time and the will of the Father, they shall go forth unto the gentiles. And whosoever will hearken unto my words, and repenteth and is baptized, the same shall be saved. Search the prophets, for many there be that testify of these things. 3 Nephi 10:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting