A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Rachel’s Birthday – My Family

It’s Rachel’s thirteenth birthday today. She’s as angelic and sweet as she looks in the picture. Being her parent has been a real joy.

This is one of the scriptures Rachel likes:

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. Matthew 6:1-4


Rachel wrote this poem about a year ago.

My family – by Rachel Willis

My family tests me every day

With all the things they do and say

Like tease a little here and there

They test my patience everywhere

When they hit me on the cheek

Do I begin to fight and shriek?

Or if they want to play a game

Do I say no and say with shame

You’re way too little to play this game?

Or do I say yes with a smile

So I can go the extra mile?

Do I overcome all my tests?

So I can act my very best?

So when I look into His eyes

I think about the little guys.


Happy Birthday, Rachel! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting