A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Friday, April 20, 2018

Heavens are Opened for Business - Any Customers?

I can assure you today is once again a day of salvation, and He has set His hand again.

No matter how unlikely it may appear, no matter how much reason there is to be skeptical, no matter how many more signs you think may need to be fulfilled, I'm telling you He has set His hand again. The heavens are opened for business, and the question is whether you are interested in becoming a customer or not.

You may only achieve a limited amount of grace in this life, but to that limited amount of grace you must hold fast. You cannot receive more if you will not receive what is offered to you now. But if you will receive what is offered now, you will be added upon forever and ever. (Abraham 3:26) Or, in other words, you move up the ladder by how you conduct yourself in this cycle of creation, and in the next cycle you will have so much the advantage. (D&C 130:18-19) You can choose to move upward and be added upon, or you can choose instead to remain as you are, worlds without end. The scriptures speak of things that happened "before the foundation of the world" or "in the first place" or "from the foundation of the world". These statements make it clear what went on before this creation mattered and affected who you are now. In like manner what you achieve in this life through your heed and diligence will affect what comes after. The course we are on has been ordained by God and is "one eternal round".

God has been at this a long time. Christ has, likewise, been involved for many repeated cycles of creation.

Moses was told: “by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine Only Begotten Son, who is full of grace and truth. And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.” (Moses 1:32-33) It is endless and it is cyclical. “But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.” (Moses 1:35) This is God's great work. It has been going through cycles of creation, fall, redemption, judgment and recreation forever. It is endless.

God's works do not end.

You are the developmental work God has chosen as His greatest accomplishment. He intends to bring to pass your immortality and eventual eternal life. (Moses 1:39) How long that requires for any given individual depends upon how long it takes you to become like Christ, the prototype of the saved man. How long will you delay attaining to the resurrection is within your own control. I am hoping to awaken you to the great work lying before you. (See Lecture 7, pages 40-43)

Christ said of Himself in Ether 3:14: “Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.” This is the way in which you also might become a son of God. As the One who redeems you becomes your Father, so that He who is the Only Begotten of the Father, in turn begets many sons and daughters Himself.

If you will receive it, faith in him comes by hearing the word of God. (Romans 10:17) Not by a pretender, not by someone guessing, not by someone offering up their theory of how the scriptures ought to be understood. Faith does not come by hearkening to someone citing you a bibliography. Faith comes only by hearing the word of God delivered as he would have it delivered, by whomever it is that he may choose to deliver it. (Romans 10:14-17)

If you receive God's word sent by someone He sends, then you might have faith, and that too in the Son of God. Then you also might receive Him. But if you will not, if you will harden your hearts, if you will blind your minds, if you will not receive what He offers from his mouth in your day, then you do not have faith in Him. You will fall short of that faith required to become His son and His daughter.

It is that way, it has always been that way, it will always be that way. There is no other test.

Therefore, either I am a liar and you ought to forget everything I have said, or I have been sent by someone greater than I am. If I have been sent and you reject and quibble over the things I declare to you, it is at your peril!

It ought to be that way. I ought to be damned if I'm a pretender, and I ought to be damned and rejected by God if I'm saying things about which I know nothing! But I bear witness to you I know what I'm talking about. I have no reason to lie to you. I have no reason to pay to reserve a place to speak to you, and ask nothing of you but to listen. It requires a sacrifice to do what I am doing. I have no other reason to do this than to tell you the truth. Joseph Smith testified to these things and I am come as a second witness. Therefore you now have two proclaiming the same doctrine.

He (Christ) was in the world and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not. Why did the world not know Him? The world did not know Him for the same reason people would not know a messenger when one is sent today.

Our Lord was so very ordinary in His time. He seemed for all the world to be just another itinerant preacher. There have been so many pretenders. If you want to find the Lord look for Him among the outcast, for it is only there you will find Him at work. (See Lecture 7, pages 49-51)

The real project in the labor needing to be done, will be by you. If you don't lay hold upon this, if you don't move this forward, if you don't rise up, I suppose he will find another people. But you ought to accept this invitation, and then come to the feast He offers us. You should want to be numbered among those who choose to have the Gospel live again.

Let me end by testifying to you that, however improbable or unlikely all of this may seem to those of you who spend any time at all thinking about this, it was just as improbable when John was baptizing. It was just as improbable when Christ taught. It was just as improbable when Joseph Smith said, "I have seen a vision, I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither did I do it." (JS-H 1:25) It may seem improbable. But it is true! (See Lecture 10, pages 39-40)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting