A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Pursuit of Perfection

What is the process of becoming like Christ? How did Jesus become what He currently is? I highly doubt that being sprinkled with some sort of "fairy dust" worked for Him nor will it do the job for us.

“And I, John, bear record that I beheld his glory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us. And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace; And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness; And thus he was called the Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first. And I, John, bear record, and lo, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Ghost descended upon him in the form of a dove, and sat upon him, and there came a voice out of heaven saying: This is my beloved Son. And I, John, bear record that he received a fulness of the glory of the Father; And he received all power, both in heaven and on earth, and the glory of the Father was with him, for he dwelt in him. And it shall come to pass, that if you are faithful you shall receive the fulness of the record of John. I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and know what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness. For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace.” (D&C 93:11-20)

I think each individual must learn truth, live it, experience everything, grow up, and literally become precisely like Christ, over whatever time it takes. To be an independent, saved and perfected being, it only makes sense to me that I would need to possess precisely the knowledge, experience, and qualifications to be such, rather than merely hope that little "fairy dust" will somehow magically fill in all the missing gaps and make me equal in capacity, perfection and power with God, but without sufficient time, testing, learning, experience, and proving.

It is by keeping His commandments that opens the door of receiving of His fullness and we shall receive  grace for grace ... just like Christ did and thus showed us the way by His perfect example. Something that may be worth considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting