A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Friday, April 13, 2018

New Year's Resolutions ... At This Time of Year???

Over three months ago on the 3rd of January, I sent a text to my children and a few others, approximately as follows: 

"I don't believe new year's resolutions are necessary, unless you sincerely feel a need to alter your behavior or begin a process of change on January 1st. If you want something changed, change it today instead of waiting for another 363 days for a new year to roll around again.

If you asked me for my new year's resolutions, I would say that happened two days ago and I am succeeding. If you asked me what my plan for now as of today is, it would be to receive answers to three questions from God Himself:

1) With detail and in the fullest sense, who I am?

2) What is my current state and standing with you, God?

3) And God, from your perspective, what is my next step of progression or assignment that would be most beneficial?

Benjamin Franklin is known to have said, "Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ... Or woman of course"

Sooo... Since new year's day (as of today) is approximately 102 days in the past and there are about 263 days before the next new year's day, would you find it wise to make a new resolution today, rather than waiting? If so, what is your new resolution, goal, desire, question, relationship with God, whatever? As of today, April 13, 2018, what do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting