A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Our neighbor Jim Lofthouse took this picture. Thanks Jim. It is one of our favorites. In this picture, we live at the end of the rainbow.

I've always loved rainbows. I think of God when I see their beauty. It's a lot like life. There's a silver lining in every cloud and a rainbow after the storm.

Revelation 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Revelation 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Genesis 9:8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,

9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, [which I made unto your father Enoch, concerning] your seed after you;

10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.

11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. [And I will establish my covenant with you, which I made unto Enoch, concerning the remnants of your posterity.]

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

15 And I will remember my covenant, which [I have made between me and you, for every living creature] of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant, [which I made unto thy father Enoch; that, when men should keep all my commandments, Zion should again come on the earth, the city of Enoch which I have caught up unto myself.

And this is mine everlasting covenant, that when thy posterity shall embrace the truth, and look upward, then shall Zion look downward, and all the heavens shall shake with gladness, and the earth shall tremble with joy;

And the general assembly of the church of the first-born shall come down out of heaven, and possess the earth, and shall have place until the end come. And this is mine everlasting covenant, which I made with thy father Enoch.

And the bow shall be in the cloud, and I will establish my covenant unto thee, which I have made between me and thee, for every living creature of all flesh that shall be upon the earth.]

17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant which I have established between me and [thee; for] all flesh that [shall be] upon the earth.

[words in brackets are from the Joseph Smith Translation]

This is one of my favorite songs:

When you send white light through a prism, you get all the colors of the rainbow. If you could send all the colors of the rainbow back through the prism in perfect unity, you would get white light.

This reminds me of God. He represents everything working together in perfect unity. Even though we are each unique, as we work together in unity, we reflect his light and glory.

1 comment:

  1. "I have asked of the Lord concerning His coming; and while asking the Lord, He gave a sign and said, "In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come; but there should be seed time and harvest during that year: but whenever you see the bow withdrawn, it shall be a token that there shall be famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant." Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith page 340

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting