A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Morning Walk

It was a beautiful, cool morning to go for a walk. I decided to take the camera with me.  Jared was just finishing up his morning work as I walked by. I invited him to come along.  I enjoyed his company, and he was a great help when I needed to climb through barbwire fences.  He would hold up the wire and free me from the barbs that caught on my clothing.



The canal was full of water.  Jared thought we could get a couple of old logs and make a little bridge.  He might make it, but that’s not how I wanted to take my morning bath.  I preferred to walk along the canal until we came to the bridge even though it was a long walk. 



The cows started running as we approached the bridge.  They stopped and watched us pass by and cross. Then they continued running up the canyon.


Being in a field, on a mountain, or in a forest that is untouched by man does something wonderful for my soul.  God creates a beautiful landscape.  I didn’t see any perfectly manicured lawns.  Grass, flowers, sagebrush, bushes, and trees all grew together creating a beautiful masterpiece. 




My spirit loves running water. Water carries life and vitality to living plants and animals. Jared stopped several times to throw rocks into the water and create large splashes.  It’s instinctive to pick up a rock and throw it into the water as we walked along the edge of the canal.  
 

The bees were busily working to pollinate the flowers and produce honey.  It’s fascinating to watch them as they crawl all over the flower and do what they do. 



As I walked up the small mountain, a snake slithered out of the way avoiding my giant foot.    We looked down on the town below. 



It seems like Jared was always waiting for me to catch up to him.  One time, he stopped, took off his shoe, and felt the cold water as it ran under the bridge.




I noticed four animal pelts hanging on the fence.  I wonder why they are there. They’ve been there for a long time.


The first crop of hay was just cut.  The tractor was in the field baling the newly cut alfalfa.  



This morning I had time to enjoy God’s creations, pray, ponder, breathe in the fresh air, hear the sounds of nature, and appreciate all that God has done for me.  Here in the telestial world, God has created great beauty. I don’t comprehend the beauty that awaits me in the terrestial and celestial worlds.

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9



A morning walk is a great way to start the day.  I came home feeling grounded, peaceful, refreshed, inspired, calm, and ready to follow the things God revealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting