A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

I Give You My Burden. I Am Thy Servant.

As I struggled with a challenge that was out of my control, I heard the Lord speak these words, “Give me your burden.”

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalms 55:22

As my burden weighed heavily upon me, I yearned for relief. I handed my burden over to Jesus. Now it was his problem not mine. He asked for it, and I was willing to give it to him.

I still felt the burden in the coming days. I asked myself, “What attachment do I have to this burden? Why do I want to hang on to it when Jesus said he would take it? What can I do? What do I do with all the pain and ramifications of the situation? Even though I can't fix the problem, there must be something I can do to redirect my focus and attention.”

But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage. Mosiah 7:33

This mantra came to mind, “I give you my burden. I am thy servant.”

I repeated these words over and over. I prayed for strength to truly let go and let God handle the problem. God inspired me with things to do and ways to see things differently. I did what he asked without attachment to the outcome.

His light and intelligence began to give me a deeper understanding. I felt His love, hope was restored, and I experienced the miracle of the atonement.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 (emphasis added)

Light (noun):

  • the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible.
  • understanding of a problem or mystery; enlightenment.
  • spiritual illumination by divine truth.
Light (verb)
  • provide with light or lighting; illuminate
  • make (something) start burning; ignite
Light (adjective)
  • having a considerable or sufficient amount of natural light; not dark.
  • of little weight; easy to lift.
  • easily borne or done.
  • gentle or delicate.
  • free from worry or unhappiness; cheerful.

God has enlightened and illuminated my understanding, unfolded a mystery, ignited my spirit with the fire of his love, made my burden easy to lift, has been gentle with my feelings, and given me happiness. Yes, His burden is light!

I gladly give Him my burdens. It is my privilege to be His servant.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting