A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Baptism / Rebaptism is Required

The Lord clearly states that baptism is necessary in order to be saved. One is not able to enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and of the Spirit (John 3:5, 3 Nephi 11:38)

“Yea, repent and be baptized, every one of you, for a remission of your sins; yea, be baptized even by water, and then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost. Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and remember that they shall have faith in me or they can in nowise be saved;” (D&C 33:11-12)

Therefore, we should have no question about whether or not baptism is fundamentally essential and plays an indispensable part of the gospel of Jesus Christ (D&C 39:6). Christ has repeatedly and unequivocally declared that an individual must repent and be baptized to inherit the kingdom of God.

Thinking or assuming “all is well in zion”, some may say, “I am saved. I have already been baptized by one with authority. No need to worry about me!" But, what if the Lord has recently sent an essential message of salvation? What if a servant of God speaks today? What if apostasy has occurred in a church that once had His authority to baptize? What if the religious organization, in which Christ has previously accepted the ordinance of baptism, has in fact lost connection with God and no longer has His authority to baptize? What if God no longer vouches for the baptisms performed therein? What if the church is now considered by Christ to be in apostasy, under condemnation, and lacking authorization and evidence to legitimately claim to be His church. What if the LDS church has lost the authority to perform correct, legal, and authoritative baptisms? What would that mean to you?

Therefore, some key personal questions may arise: Have I been baptized unto the Lord according to His current instructions? Is there something going on here? What have I missed? Do I need to update my understanding with God? Today, as the Lord is preparing for His return, does my baptism currently count? Does my baptism sufficiently qualify with the Lord? Here and now in this moment in time, is my baptism sufficient for me to be spared? Or is it necessary that I become acquainted with His word, receive it, repent and face God, and be re-baptized? What is my spiritual state and how do I currently stand with God?




Here are links you may find valuable: 
Baptism and Baptism is Mandatory and Zion's Return 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting