A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Friday, March 9, 2018

Take Time With God

Take time to think, ponder and pray! Talking with God alone can bring peace and understanding, and a whole new perspective.

“In consequence of these things, I often felt condemned for my weakness and imperfections; when, on the evening of the above-mentioned twenty-first of September, after I had retired to my bed for the night, I betook myself to prayer and supplication to Almighty God for forgiveness of all my sins and follies, and also for a manifestation to me, that I might know of my state and standing before him; for I had full confidence in obtaining a divine manifestation, as I previously had one.” (Joseph Smith—History 1:29)

Satan does not love us and wants to keep mortals occupied and busy with the things of this world and forget about talking with God, repenting, and coming unto Him. 

God, on the other hand, loves His children equally, wants us to understand Him, and is "as eager to meet with and touch us as we should be to know and touch Him." (The Second Comforter - Conversing with The Lord Through the Veil, page 417)

“Therefore I command you to repent—repent, lest I smite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your sufferings be sore—how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not. Wherefore, I command you again to repent, lest I humble you with my almighty power; and that you confess your sins, lest you suffer these punishments of which I have spoken, of which in the smallest, yea, even in the least degree you have tasted at the time I withdrew my Spirit.” (D&C 19:15,20)

“And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray. But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.” (2 Nephi 32:8-9)

“Nevertheless the children of God were commanded that they should gather themselves together oft, and join in fasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God.” (Alma 6:6)

I have been profoundly struck by these words of God. Have you identified the word of God being taught today? Are you giving strict heed to the message He has sent? Have you and are you repenting in all sincerity of heart? Have you been baptized anew? Do you pray unto the Father in the name of Christ? Does God consecrate your performance?  Is your performance proving to be for the welfare of your soul?   Do you speak and converse with the Lord through the veil? Have you asked God what your state and standing is with Him? Do you now know your state and standing with God? Are the children of God gathering themselves together often and joining in fasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who know not God?
 
"Taking time to do nothing (at least from the perspective of this world and putting forth the minimum energy necessary to meet mortal needs and obligations) often brings everything (the things that matter most) into perspective" ... because as an individual spends less time in the "rat race" of this world and more time conversing with God, focusing on and obeying the things pertaining to the kingdom of God, and gathering further light and knowledge, she will know her state and standing with God and have so much the advantage in the world to come.

“And again, verily I say unto you, my friends, I leave these sayings with you to ponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall call upon me while I am near—Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” (D&C 88:62-63)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting