A witness from God can be relied upon. As you read our thoughts, beliefs, and experiences, we invite you to obtain a witness for yourself. If something we say or imply does not ring true, then you should feel no obligation to accept it. Life is an individual and unique journey with God. Although we can help and encourage each other, we need to be careful not to come between God and another person.

Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Being a "Friend" of God


“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.” (John 15:13-15, emphasis added)

“Verily, I say unto my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., or in other words, I will call you friends, for you are my friends, and ye shall have an inheritance with me—” (D&C 93:45, emphasis added)

“And as I said unto mine apostles, even so I say unto you, for you are mine apostles, even God’s high priests; ye are they whom my Father hath given me; ye are my friends;” (D&C 84:63, emphasis added)

“And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.” (James 2:23, emphasis added)

I believe God is your true and faithful friend. You can trust and count on that, but the big questions that arise are: "Are you a true and faithful friend of God?" With whom do you walk every day? With whom do you continually converse?  Who and what do you think about all day long? What do you do in your spare time?

“What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.” (CS Lewis)

Here are a couple links that may shed further light on the subject of becoming a "friend" of God: Developing Your Faith   and   A "friend" of God 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting